This week we found out why Big Papi is Big Papi, Twitter got a new paint job, and Turtle got two new cars for his birthday on Entourage. These were just some of the highlights of the week that was, here are some of the better reads I came across over the past week:
- Southern Comfort Pours Entire Media Budget Into Digital (AdAge) – This is the first I’ve heard of any major brand making a decision like this, and as they explain it in the article, it seems to make sense for SoCo. It’ll be interesting to see the results.
- Oklahoma City brewery owner explains how iPhone software makes for a successful B2B tool (OKC Biz) – I’ve taken an interest in iPhone apps for biz purposes and this is a good example of using it well. Quote of the article is: “Where I see a great opportunity for Oklahoma City small businesses is to not focus on the revenue potential of iPhone apps, but focus on the community building that applications can create with their target audience when marketed correctly.”
- What Does Your ‘About’ Page Say About You? by Matt Cheuvront (Life Without Pants) – if you’re a blogger this is a good read and will probably inspire you to change your “About Page.”
- Public Relations: It’s the Content, Stupid. by Stuart Foster (The Lost Jacket) – I like the part of this one that talks about experiential marketing and how it can create evangelists for your product.
- 10 Things All Businesses Should Do to Market More Effectively on Facebook (Inside Facebook) – I found this earlier this week when I needed some resources on Facebook, so I figured I’d pass it along.
- Why Should GM Give Marketing Any Respect? – (AdAge) – Don’t just read this article, but read Al Reis’ article it’s talking about as well. An interesting discussion on marking among big corporations and how it is being prioritized by senior management.
Fun links for the week – An ode to super mario and the little goomba bad guys
Below is why you should play sports when you’re young (according to Canada)
Spread the love! (copy and paste)
Check out this week’s List of Linkadinks from @jackieadkins – http://bit.ly/FrNeu