≡ Menu

Time to Make a Difference

Since I butchered the name in the video, you can check out Danny Brown’s  site to find out about the “12 Days of Christmas Homeless Push.”

{ 14 comments… add one }

• Matt Cheuvront December 10, 2009, 9:31 am

Nice message here J. The holidays is all about doing something selfless for someone else.

P.S. I do videos pretty often myself and I find that the HARDEST part is figuring out what to say at the end. It's like, do you say “goodbye” – “See ya later” – “Thanks for watching”? Whatever you do, it always sounds lame. I usually just keep talking and fade myself out at the end, lol.

• Danny Brown December 10, 2009, 9:32 am

Nothing to say except you are a star, sir – cheers!

PS – “Happy Thursday”? Priceless!

• Rose Elliot December 10, 2009, 9:36 am

Very great ideas, more people should do this, during the Christmas Season, we drive around with a huge jar of coins we have saved during the year and put it in the Salvation Army bucket.

• Bryna December 10, 2009, 9:39 am

Jackie Adkins, you're the hero of my week! You're so right. I know I needed the reminder, and I love to give. But especially around this time, when bills pile up, and presents need to be bought, I get a little panicked. Ridiculous! I have it so good :) I'm going to go buy a goat. The World Vision gift catalogue has been sitting beside my computer all month for a reason. Thanks!

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 10:06 am

Haha it is tough b/c you're talking to someone technically, but in reality you're just talking to your computer/camera. You could also just do an awkward smile and immediately cut to music like me! :D

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 10:09 am

Once again, you're too kind, Danny! You, sir, have a happy Thursday :)

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 10:11 am

That's a great idea, Rose! It's important to remember than no act is too small to make a difference. Even if you saved all of your change from a month, that has the potential of making a huge impact somewhere along the road. So, gold star for you and your efforts!

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 10:16 am

Bryna, thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I know exactly how you feel. Buying presents and stuff can definitely make the holidays super stressful, which is kind of sad if you think about it. It's supposed to be a celebratory time of year and it actually makes us freak out!

I'm glad I was able to inspire you a little bit today. Have fun picking out your goat! :)

• ryanstephens December 10, 2009, 11:27 am

Good message, and sweet video work man. I'm diggin' it. And your hat. I admit, I chuckled a bit when you randomly mixed in “heels” after the Wii. It's obvious where your element of comfort lies. I've always wanted to ask my family what their favorite charity is, and then give a little on behalf of each to those respective charities. Maybe this is the year to start…

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 12:34 pm

I got you heels for Christmas, so I don't know why you're laughing. That sounds like a great idea that you got cooking over there, and think your family would love it if you did it.

Great to see that this short video has planted a seed of thought in some of your heads!

• Elisa Doucette December 10, 2009, 9:33 pm

What a great topic to do a “first” video post on (is this a first for you?)

Each year as I've gotten older it has gotten harder to figure out what to tell my family I want for Christmas. My two front teeth got old about 4 Christmas' ago and breaking out in bad Mariah playback is adorable but lost in translation.

The great thing about this present is that BOTH people get to be the givers, and that old phrase really does ring true. Tis better to give than to receive. Thanks for reminding us about some of the TRUE meaning of this season. :)

• Jackie Adkins December 10, 2009, 9:39 pm

I've done a couple video posts before, but this is probably my favorite so far :)

I figure since I have this blog, I might as well put it to good use and put out a positive message like this when I have a chance, right?

Thanks for commenting and have a happy holidays!

• Elisa Doucette December 11, 2009, 2:33 am

What a great topic to do a “first” video post on (is this a first for you?)

• Jackie Adkins December 11, 2009, 2:39 am

Thanks for commenting and have a happy holidays!