≡ Menu

The Curb’s New Threads

Now Open

In the words of Anchorman, “Hey everyone, come see how good I look!”

That’s right, as you can see, today is the day that I mark something off my to-do list as I unleash my pretty new threads here at The Curbside Marketer.

So whatchya think?

After debating for quite a while over whether to use Thesis or Headway, both very highly regarded WordPress themes, I decided to go with Thesis and I’m really pumped about how it’s turned out. I’ll be honest and say that I’ve been visiting a lot of your blogs, looking for inspiration and ideas, so if something looks familiar, consider it the highest of compliments!

Also, if you’re digging the design and are interested in maybe redesigning your own blog, take a look at the consulting link in the nav menu. I’d be happy to either walk you through how to get started or design it for you!

So, make yourself at home, take a look around, and let me know what you think in the comments. Does the font look stupid? I want to know. Is it hard to read something? Give it to me. Feedback is awesome because it can only make it better. Tune in tomorrow and I’ll be giving a review of Thesis.

Photo by TheTruthAbout…

{ 19 comments… add one }

• ryanstephens February 1, 2010, 9:03 am

Everything looks awesome man. I know you've been anticipating this for a bit and while I was pretty impressed with your old design, this one looks even better. For me, everything works. I like the color scheme. The design is simple, functional, and bold where it seems that it should be. Jamie Varon and Matt C might have some friendly competition for business soon!

• Bryan Cromlish February 1, 2010, 9:43 am

This is looking sick. Thanks for tweeting this Ryan. Im going to retweet for you Jackie. I love the Thesis theme. The sharing / comments are great too!

• jakerosen February 1, 2010, 11:38 am

My favorite part of the new look has to be the “Holler at me” button at the bottom of the page to contact you. Nice touch.

• Jackie Adkins February 1, 2010, 12:53 pm

Thanks man, I draw all of my inspiration from your superior design skills, haha. Not gonna lie, that's pretty sweet to be put up there with Jamie and Matt, as they both have some really solid designs. Thanks for giving some feedback!

• Jackie Adkins February 1, 2010, 12:55 pm

Thanks a lot for dropping by and the kind word, Bryan! Glad you're feelin' the new look and I hope to see you back around the Curb in the future!

• Jackie Adkins February 1, 2010, 12:56 pm

Ha, I figured few, if any people would venture down to notice that, so I'm glad it caught your eye! It's all about adding a little bit of your own style/personality to the design. Thanks for leaving a comment for me!

• Akash Sharma February 1, 2010, 1:11 pm

We have got a whole new curbside here, Looks a lot more open and a bit more polished then before.Since you started your blog the changes you might have seen in your knowledge can be easily seen on the blog design itself.
    Awesome stuff….Jackie

• Grace Boyle February 1, 2010, 1:36 pm

Sweet – looks awesome, really clean and nicely designed. Thesis (I hear) and think is great :)

• Jackie Adkins February 1, 2010, 1:48 pm

Thanks, Akash!

• Jackie Adkins February 1, 2010, 1:54 pm

Thesis is definitely a powerful theme. Tomorrow in my review of Thesis I'll hopefully go over some of the nitty gritty things that are both good and bad about it that Chris Pearson and a lot of the Thesis fan boys probably would skip right over. Overall, I'm super happy with having chose it, but it definitely wasn't as cut and dry as some make it out to be.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving some feedback, Grace!

• Grace Boyle February 1, 2010, 1:56 pm

@Jackie Oh good, I'm looking forward to hearing your review. I'm in need for 2010 for a redesign and blog change, so I'm all ears.

• bethcoetzee February 3, 2010, 4:00 pm

Love it, Jackie…good work!

• Jackie Adkins February 3, 2010, 4:28 pm

Thanks!

• Elisa Doucette February 3, 2010, 4:36 pm

What I love the most about this? It's a Thesis design but I wouldn't know that. I've seen a few too many Thesis sites lately that are the exact same thing with different colors and pictures. Great job with the redesign! Given your skills I now feel at least a TINY bit better about the fact that you redesigned your site LAST TIME in approximately a nano-second while it took me over a month. :)

• Jackie Adkins February 3, 2010, 4:48 pm

Thanks, Elisa! That's definitely what I was going for in trying to trick out the Thesis theme, I didn't want it to look like all of the other ones. And redesigning anything definitely takes a bit of time and a LOT of patience, that is for sure! And trust me, it may have seemed like the last one didn't take long, but it was like a duck in the water — it may have looked calm above the water, but my legs were doing a lot of work below it. In other words, it actually took a while, haha.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, Elisa!

• bethcoetzee February 3, 2010, 9:00 pm

Love it, Jackie…good work!

• Jackie Adkins February 3, 2010, 9:28 pm

Thanks!

• Elisa Doucette February 3, 2010, 9:36 pm

• Jackie Adkins February 3, 2010, 9:48 pm

Thanks for taking the time to comment, Elisa!